The Names have been changed to Protect the Errorists

The Names have been changed to Protect the Errorists

Sunday, July 30, 2006

where in the world is everyone?

Saturday at 3
Only frisbee players here
Oh my blighted sight.

The skies opened up and the rains descended upon the school like seemingly never before, but at around 3, the weather cleared up, like proper weather should. So, this softballer trotted down to the field in anticipation of a nice afternoon of ball on the field. But all that I saw were frisbee players who have managed to colonise the entire field, the land-hungry fiends that they are. Great.

Anyway, I decided to trudge off to the nearest bus stop, ready to seek greener pastures elsewhere, when Grandpa came along and we went in search of softball players, but it was a pointless endeavor, when basically everyone else had more important things to attend to this weekend -- DT is away in KL, Rickey was being his good lecturer self at a forum, Indiana was at some conference as well, various individuals have fatherly duties. As for the rest, I'm sure there were very good reasons as well. Even Joe's was closed, so there goes our gathering spot in times where no one appears at the field.

Anyway, as Grandpa dropped me off at the arts faculty, I got a call from Seven and Rube, who just arrived at the field, but that was the end of it. Perhaps other people did turn up at one point or another, but there was no way to contact one another, so that was it, and we all left.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but known attendance for today: 4. Abysmal numbers, but it should be better next week. After all, it's the bbq. People, come. And even better, come on time (what is on time anyway? Definitions are rather flexible these days. But I digress.) so we can maybe start the game, dare I say, before 3? And maybe before dastardly frisbee players can even take the field.

Till next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment